Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Army for sale

So I decided I'm selling my Necrons.
Yep you read that right, selling them and saying goodbye and glad to see you go... Necrons Army: E-Bay This latest FAQ has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Normally I'm not one to complain about the FAQs but I'm just at a loss for the utter sense of "laziness/generalism" toward everything other then Imperial Guard, Grey Knights and Necrons.
The nerf bat was definitely being used with a heavy hand this time. Now you cannot tell me the original authors of the various Codices are actually handling these at all. You just can't. I mean would Phil Kelly really make Webway Portals so utterly useless now that you cannot even assault out of them the turn you walk out? Or would he generalize all the unique weapons like Djinn Blades and Huskblades as "unusual power weapons with AP3"?
The point behind all of this is the simple fact that I as a hobbyist/player am striving to find that project that will on one hand "tickle my fancy" and on the other, give my player side something with strategy. I found that with Dark Eldar. I had been thinking about them for a long time now and with all thats happened since 6th has dropped, has pointed me right in their direction.

Uhm yeah, he doesn't want to kill you. He wants to eat your soul.

They are some of the most beautiful models GW has released and are backed by one of the most in-depth backgrounds an army could ever ask for.  Phil Kelly and Jes Goodwin really out did themselves with this Codex thats for sure. Even with the heavy handed nerf beating they received, I'm jumping right in. Should have a test min up soon.

My next update should be of some pics of my recent Goff Ork army I painted followed by a Kabalite Warrior and maybe even some Raven Guard commission work mixed in for s&g.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers.


1 comment: