Monday, February 27, 2012

The "belated" honeymoon

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
So finally after almost a year and a half of marriage, the wife and I are going on our belated honeymoon and to where else but the most magical place on earth.... DisneyWorld!
I gotta say I am super excited.
So excited I feel like I did when I was a kid the night before Christmas!
I used to go to DisneyWorld a lot when I was a small lad and many of the things I know and love have changed so I feel as though, like my wife, I am going into this with fresh eyes.
Hell the last time I was there they were just beginning to build the Animal Kingdom.
The tree of life or whatever its called was just a stump base.
So many things have changed and I'm so excited to be able to take it all in with my wife who has never been there or even on a plane for that matter!
I cannot wait to go on the recently renovated Star-Tours as well!!!!
Of course I can't wait to get back on my all time favorite ride, The Haunted Mansion!
Now officially we are packed except of course for my crap....
I know I procrastinate.....
In preparation for the flight and wonderful mornings on our patio, we bought ourselves a pair of Nooks the other day.
I had been planning on going completely digital with my books and this seemed like a good time to jump in and go for it.
I have to say I like the Nook way better then the I-Pad.
For the price of the lowest I-Pad I bought two Nooks, 2 Nook-book covers, and 2 warranty plans that cover anything and everything, even water damage (especially good when your about to travel).
I decided to stock my Nook with a ton of reading material, from the Walking Dead Vol.1 to all the Iron Warrior novels/short stories (I've been on an Iron Warrior kick lately, maybe its because the 6th edition Chaos Codex is slowly coming).
Then out of nowhere today my wife decides to go out and just buy me a Playstation Vita.
Never in a million years would I have seen that coming.
Gotta say I love her so much!
So.......
I leave this Thursday and I won't be back for a complete week.
I definitely need to get away from everything.
I've been a bit angry/slightly depressed since one of my commission projects flopped or more so blew up in my face, in a very bad way.
Long story short..... every client needs a contract from now on.
So I can cover my ass in case a project may take longer then anticipated.
Other then that annoying distraction the projects keep rolling in.
Still have to finish the Lysander Raven Guard model...
Begin work on a Goff Ork warband...
Finish my Carcharodons for Adepticon....
And begin working on a small Raven Guard project....
Just gotta keep rolling along I suppose.
I should have progress pics of my Carcharodons after I return (hopefully started on painting as well).
I have all my troops assembled, along with the Razorbacks (except for the turrets).
I'm just missing a drop pod, a unit of 4 Scout Bikers and a nice Simple Green bath for my Dreadnought.
I'll also be writing a review on some Secret Weapon bases I bought specifically for my Carcharodons so keep your eyes peeled after the 7th.
Hopefully this time with the wife away from the real world for a week should put me back in the mood to work.
See you all after the 7th of March!

+++Kevin+++

No comments:

Post a Comment