Monday, February 27, 2012

Some things I've been working on.....

Figured a new post would be better then adding to the recent wall of text haha.
To further endorse the awesomeness of my wife....
She bought me this for Valentines Day, the Display Imperial Space Marine from ForgeWorld shown below.
+++Yeah hes a big 'un.+++

Now I've been wanting one of these for a LONG time (15 years to be exact) and of course now that I have one, I have no idea what to paint him.
I thought about maybe painting him in Carcharodon colors although my version would be a mix of the Rogue Trader scheme with the new scheme. I figured Grey armour with black pads and white faceplates was a bit boring. Throw in the Rogue Trader red stripe down the helmet and you've got something!
I also thought about painting him as a Crimson Fist.
Always been a fan of the Crimson Fists and have been thinking of starting a Crimson Fist army which leads to my next new model....
Today I received my "Limited Edition" 25th Anniversary Rogue Trader Crimson Fist Captain. *phew*


+++In all his awesome glory!+++ 

Now with this model I was very skeptical to buy it at first.
I haven't had the best of luck with Finecast lately and dropping $50 with express shipping on something they haven't perfected in producing seemed too much of a risk. However I am glad I bought it.
He's pretty much the most perfect model I have bought from GW in a long time.
I decided to get my full moneys worth out of him and magnetized him so he can be displayed with display base OR be used in an up and coming Crimson Fist army :]


+++The magnets in the base.+++


+++On his gaming base.+++


+++Showing the magnets in his feet.+++
Then we have the progress on my Carcharodons for the Team Tourney of Adepticon 2012, GO WARDENS!!!! (thats my group, The Wardens)
They were so fun to put together. Buying the ForgeWorld Marks of armour was well worth it. They give you so much diversity over the statically plain Tactical Marines kit.
I basically just went nuts on mixing and matching Mk.'s and adding in Death Company bits and some random Assault Marine bits (even some Terminator bits). I feel like I'll be ordering a lot more of these when I get back from the belated honeymoon!
+++Squad 1+++
+++Squad 2+++
+++Squad 3+++
+++Then the Librarian (my favorite)+++


+++And a Chaplain! +++

So there you have it.
One big update after another.
Lots of work to do, and so little time to do it.
April is approaching very fast....
Enjoy and let me know how you feel about anything!

+++Kevin+++

No comments:

Post a Comment