Monday, June 4, 2012

Alive and kickin'

Well it certainly has been a long time since my last update hasn't it?
Last time I was on here I was leaving for Adepticon!
Perhaps I should begin there then.

Adepticon 2012
First, I drove... which my wife and I both agree, will not be happening next year haha.
That drive was just...exhausting (8 1/2 hours).
It was very overwhelming at first, but once it had sunken in that I was in fact really there, I just soaked it all in like a hobby sponge.
I instantly hit it off with my team and I have to say, they are a really great group of guys.
They were so welcoming and hilarious and one thing above all others won me over, they were accepting and very respectful of my wife. +1
The swag bag was pretty nice.

Swag Bag Contents
Legion of Everblight starter set *painting in progress*
Wreck-Age Adepticon only model *painting in progress*
Adepticon robot model *converted to Penitent Engine for SoB*
Couple of bag 'o' bitz
Malifaux rulebook
Green paint sample from Badger Airbrush
Issue of Game Forces monthly #19 *highly recommended*
Tons of business cards and fliers

I'm really happy with the free Legion of Everblight box set (pics coming soon). So much so I went out and bought the LoE book! I'll definitely be trying out Hordes very soon.
I'm also very interested in Wreck-Age, check them out http://www.facebook.com/HyacinthGames.
After a good nights rest came the serious business, the Team Tournament.
I'll post the specifics in another post so for now just know that I won 2 out of 4 games!
Not bad for my first time out.
Unfortunately I couldn't really go crazy with buying miniatures.
Money was tight although my wife allowed me to pick thru a bitz vendor and I walked away with 10 2nd edition Ork Boyz for $5!
I've made the necessary mental note to put aside enough "crazy money" for next year.

Post - Adepticon
Now we come back into the present.
I'm still coming down from the high of being in the presence of so much hobby greatness and the competitive bug which is making me not concentrate on important things like commission work (which is basically my hobby money as I have no job at the moment).
I've been basically a hobby butterfly the last month or so, jumping from Sisters to Lamenters to Necrons.
Currently I'm working on a small Goff Clan Ork army and then its onto a small Ravenguard 1,000 point army.
Let's update you all with some pics shall we?

Goff Ork Commission





Lamenter Marines

The first test model








Sisters of Battle of the Argent Shroud

The test model



 The unit so far

Thats it for now.
Hope you guys like everything so far.
I'll have a write up of the rounds I played at Adepticon at a later date.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment